CATHERINE JOHN, B.A.
- McLean title(s): Research Assistant II
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (617) 855-2052
- Fax: (617) 855-2023
- Office Address: MRC 215, Bay F
- Degree(s): Catherine received her B.A. in Psychology from Reed College in May 2010. Part of her undergraduate research was funded by a 2009 Reed College Research Fellowship, which allowed her to conduct pilot experiments that formed the basis of her thesis. Investigating how the endocannabinoid system can mediate anxiety within a rat model, she demonstrated that antagonism of TRPV1 and agonism of CB1 receptors in the basolateral amygdala differentially affect anxiolytic behavior.
- Bio: In the Behavioral Genetics Lab, Catherine works with Antia Bechtholt-Gompf to study how dysregulated glutamatergic neurotransmission due to glial degradation can influenceâ€”or be influenced by â€”psychopathologies such as alcoholism and depression.