CYNTHIA KAPLAN, PHD
- Harvard title(s): Clinical Instructor of Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Associate Clinical and Administrative Director, Child and Adolescent Programs (CAP)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-2557
- Fax: 617-855-3760
- Office Address: 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA
- 1979 Ph. D. Clinical Psychology Fordham University; Bronx, NY
- 1975 M.A. Clinical Psychology University of Maine; Orono, Maine. (Graduated Phi Kappa Phi)
- 1972 B.A. Major: Psychology State University of New York at Stonybrook, NY (Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Psychology)
- Board Certifications(s):
- 1982 Licensed Psychologist, New York
- 1986 Licensed Psychologist, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1991 Health Service Provider, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Bio: Cynthia Kaplan, Ph.D. Received her Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology from Fordham University in 1979. Dr. Kaplan did her internship at Bronx State Hospital and Post-Graduate studies at New York University. She practiced in New York for 10 years, primarily seeing children and adolescents and working within the Albert Einstein and Montefiore Hospital Systems.
After moving to Massachusetts in 1986, Dr. Kaplan worked at Charles River and Boston Regional Hospitals and has worked for 15+ years at McLean Hospital where she is currently the Administrative Director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Program Director of the Adolescent Acute Residential Treatment Programs and a Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School.
For over two decades, Dr. Kaplan has focused her clinical work on issues involving trauma and has worked extensively with patients suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. She has recently edited and released a book focusing on many of the issues/stresses facing today's teens entitled "Helping Your Troubled Teen: Learn to Recognize, Understand, and Address the Destructive Behavior of Today's Teens and Preteens". In addition, she has been involved for over a decade in the development of new programs for adolescents as well as in teaching and training.
- Curriculum vitæ: (PDF format)
- Kaplan C., Aguirre B., Rater M. (2007). Helping Your Troubled Teen: Learn to Recognize, Understand, and Address the Destructive Behavior of Today's Teens and Preteens. Beverly, MA. Fair Winds Press