CARRYL P. NAVALTA, PHD
- Harvard title(s): Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (617) 855-3395
- Fax: (617) 855-3712
- Office Address: Developmental Biopsychiatry Research Program
- Degree(s): Dr. Navalta is a Massachusetts-licensed clinical psychologist and behavioral consultant. He received his bachelor of science in psychobiology from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and his master's degree and doctorate in clinical psychology from the State University of New York at Binghamton (SUNY).
- Clinical Interests: Dr. Navalta's clinical and research interests include 1) evidence and community-based treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism/PDD, and mood disorders in youth; 2) direct therapeutic exposure for anxiety and trauma; and 3) clinical neuroscience of childhood maltreatment. His specialties are in behavior therapy, cognitive behavior therapy, and applied behavior analysis. Dr. Navalta has been working with children with emotional and behavioral disorders and their families for more than 15 years.
- Bio: He was formerly on staff at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute & Hospital, the Institute for Child Development (SUNY), the May Institute, and Tufts-New England Medical Center. He has been working in the Developmental Biopsychiatry Research Program at McLean Hospital since 1998.