DEBKANYA DATTA, PH.D.
- McLean title(s): Postdoctoral Fellow
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 617-855-2073
- Fax: 617-855-3479
- Office Address: Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Mail Stop 149
- B.S. 1994
- M.S. 1996
- Ph.D. 2005
- Clinical Interests: Cellular reprogramming; stem cell differentiation into specific lineages.
- Bio: Debkanya Datta received her M.S. in Biochemistry from University of Calcutta, India. She obtained her Ph.D degree in Developmental Biology from National Center for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore, India, in 2005. She then moved to Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston to pursue post-doctoral research in stem cell epigenetics in 2005. She will be joining Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory laboratory in February 2012 as Postdoctoral fellow.
- Publications: (Selected)
Please note the change in spelling of the name.
- Dutta D, Umashankar M, Lewis E, Rodrigues V, VijayRaghavan K. (2010) Hox genes regulate muscle founder cell pattern autonomously and regulate morphogenesis through motor neurons. J. Neurogenet. 24: 95-108
- Dutta D, Ensminger AW, Zucker JP, Chess A. (2009) Asynchronous replication and autosome-pair non-equivalence in human embryonic stem cells. PLoS ONE 4(3): e4970. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0004970
- Diaz-Perez S, Ferguson DO, Wang C, Csankovszki G, Wang C, Tsai S-C, Dutta D, Eller CD, Ouyang Y, Perez V, Kim SM, Salstrom J, Kaltenboeck B, Chess A, Huang S, Marahrens Y. (2006) A deletion at the mouse Xist gene exposes trans-effects that alter the heterochromatin of the inactive X chromosome and the replication time and DNA stability of both X chromosomes. Genetics 174 : 1115-1133
- Dutta D, VijayRaghavan K. (2006) Metamorphosis and the formation of the adult musculature. In: Sink H, ed. Muscle Development in Drosophila. Landes Bioscience, Georgetown, 125-142
- Dutta D, Shaw S, VijayRaghavan K. (2005) The Drosophila FGF Receptor, Heartless, acts with Heartbroken/Dof in muscle founder differentiation. PLoS Biol. 3: 1789-1800
- Dutta D, Anant S, Ruiz-Gomez M, Bate M, VijayRaghavan K. (2004) Founder myoblasts and fibre number during adult myogenesis in Drosophila. Development 131: 3761-3772
- Dutta D, Bloor JW, Ruiz-Gomez M, VijayRaghavan K, Kiehart DP. (2002) Real-time imaging of morphogenetic movements in Drosophila using Gal4-UAS-driven expression of GFP fused to the actin-binding domain of moesin. Genesis 34: 146-151
- Dutta D. (2000) Mechanism of store-operated calcium entry. J. Biosci. 25: 397-404