ELIF ENGIN, PHD
Bio: Elif is interested in the neurobiological mechanisms of anxiety, fear, stress and memory. Her doctoral research focused on the effects of neurosteroids and neuropeptides, particularly allopregnanolone and somatostatin, on unlearned fear reactions in rodents. At the Laboratory of Genetic Neuropharmacology, Elif is working on the role of hippocampal GABAA receptors in spatial, nonspatial and fear-related forms of learning and memory.
- Harvard title(s): Research Fellow in Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Postdoctoral Fellow
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 617-855-2045
- Fax: 617-855-2012
- Office Address: MRC123, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478
- 2001 B.Sc. Middle East Technical University, Ankara
- 2009 Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology, University of Alberta, Canada
Engin E, Treit D (2007) The role of hippocampus in anxiety: intracerebral infusion studies. Behavioral Pharmacology, 18, 365-374.
Engin E, Treit D (2007) The anxiolytic-like effects of allopregnanolone function of intracerebral microinfusion site: the amygdala, medial prefrontal cortex or hippocampus. Behavioral Pharmacology, 18, 461-470.
- Treit D, Engin E, McEown K. Animal models of anxiety and anxiolytic drug action. Book chapter in press, Behavioral Neurobiology of Anxiety and its Treatment, Current Topics in Behavioral Neurosciences (CTBN) book series. Springer.
- Engin E, Treit D. Anxiolytic and antidepressant actions of somatostatin: The role of sst2 and sst3 receptors. Psychopharmacology, 206, 281-289.
- Engin E, Treit D, Dickson CT (2009). Anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like properties of ketamine in behavioral and neurophysiological animal models. Neuroscience, 161, 359-369.
- Engin E, Stellbrink J, Treit D, Dickson CT (2008). Anxiolytic and antidepressant effects of intracerebroventricularly administered somatostatin: Behavioral and neurophysiological evidence. Neuroscience, 157, 666-676.
- Engin E, Treit D (2008) Dissociation of the anxiolytic-like effects of Avpr1a and Avpr1b receptor antagonists in the dorsal and ventral hippocampus. Neuropeptides, 42, 411-421.
- Engin E, Treit D (2008) The effects of intra-cerebral drug infusions on animals' unconditioned fear reactions: A Systematic review. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry, 32, 1399-1419.