GAIL TSIMPREA, PHD, RNPC, LRC
- Harvard title(s): Associate in Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Chief Quality and Risk Management Officer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617 855-2514
- Fax: 617 855-3742
- Office Address: 115 Mill Street, Mailstop 226, Belmont, MA 02478
- Bio: Dr. Tsimprea is the Chief Quality and Risk Management Officer at McLean Hospital. In this role, she assesses practice patterns and treatment guidelines and oversees the delivery of care throughout the McLean continuum of care. Her activities emphasize the importance of how patients and their families experience the care that they receive. Dr. Tsimprea holds licenses as a rehabilitation counselor and is a clinical specialist in adult and mental health nursing. Receiving her Ph.D. in Health Services and Social Change, her dissertation work focused on the development of innovative ways of helping patients in community residential treatment facilities to take responsibility for their medications with the assistance of non-medical personnel. For more than 28 years, Dr. Tsimprea has dedicated herself to improving the lives of patients and their families and working with colleagues to cultivate quality assurance in their day-to-day practice.
Dr. Tsimprea is an Associate in Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and has earned many accolades, including a Presidential Citation from President Clinton for her leadership, hard work, and commitment in the field of health care. In 1996, she received the Vision of Excellence Award, McLean Hospital's highest honor and, more recently, has she has been the recipient of five Partners in Excellence Awards. In 2004 Dr. Tsimprea was selected by the Boston Business Journal and Patriot Trail Girl Scouts to receive a Leading Woman Award for her seminal contributions to the care of those suffering from mental illness.