- Harvard title(s): Associate in Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Graduate Student / PhD, Integrative Neurobiology Lab
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-4102
- Office Address: MRC 313, Bay H
- B.S., Chemistry, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- Bio: Jesse obtained a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry from Georgia Tech, where he worked under the mentorship of Drs. Donald Doyle and Bahareh Azizi to engineer nuclear hormone receptors capable of binding small molecule, drug-like compounds. After graduating, he enrolled in the Medical Scientist Training Program (MD/PhD) at UT Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas. During his medical school years, Jesse developed an interest in the neurobiology and pharmacology of psychiatric disorders and decided to conduct his graduate studies within the Neuroscience Graduate Program at UTSW. At McLean Hospital, he is continuing his dissertation research, focusing on neuronal activity-dependent synaptic and behavioral plasticity in animal models of stress and anxiety.
- Kumar J, Chuang J-C, Na ES, Kuperman A, Gillman A, Mukherjee S, Zigman JM, McClung CA, Lutter M. Differential effects of chronic social stress and fluoxetine on meal patterns in mice. Appetite. 2013 May;64:81-8. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2012.12.023. Epub 2013 Jan 11. PubMed PMID: 23318656.
- Falcon E, Spencer S, Kumar J, Krishnan V, Mukherjee S, Birnbaum SG, McClung CA. Circadian genes Period 1 and Period 2 in the nucleus accumbens regulate anxiety-related behavior. Eur J Neurosci. 2013 Jan;37(2):242-50. doi: 10.1111/ejn.12010. Epub 2012 Oct 8. PubMed PMID: 23039899.
- Mukherjee S, Coque L, Cao JL, Kumar J, Chakravarty S, Asaithamby A, Graham A, Gordon E, Enwright JF 3rd, DiLeone RJ, Birnbaum SG, Cooper DC, McClung CA. Knock-down of CLOCK in the ventral tegmental area through RNA interference results in a mixed state of mania and depression-like behavior. Biol Psychiatry. 2010 Sep 15;68(6):503-11. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2010.04.031. Epub 2010 Jun 29. PubMed PMID: 20591414. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2929276.