JULIE VAN DER FEEN, M.D.C.M.
- Harvard title(s): Instructor in Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Assistant Medical Director 3East
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 617-855-2834
- Office Address: 115 Mill Street - East House, Belmont, MA 02478
- 1990 M.D.C.M. McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- 1990-1993 Tufts University School of Medicine Residency in Adult and Child Psychiatry
- 1993-1995 MGH/McLean Hospital, Harvard University, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- 1996-1997 Mass Mental/Bridgewater State Hospital, Harvard University, Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship
- Board Certifications(s):
- 1995 American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Board Certified in Psychiatry
- 1996 American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Board Certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Bio: Dr. Van der Feen is a senior child and adolescent psychiatrist with 20 years of experience treating adults, adolescents and children. She has extensive experience treating children and adolescents with mood and anxiety disorders, disruptive behavior disorders, personality disorders, substance use disorders, ADHD, developmental disorders and learning differences, as well as children coping with chronic medical illness. She is skilled in a wide range of therapeutic techniques, including individual therapy, psychopharmacology, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and family interventions.
In addition to her involvement with McLean's acute adolescent treatment programs, Dr. Van der Feen is also Medical Director/Consultant for McLean Hospital's Center for Neurodevelopmental Services—Pathways Academy, a specialized school for adolescents with Asperger's Syndrome and related disorders, and McLean Hospital's Arlington School, a specialized school for adolescents with academic, social, and emotional challenges.
In addition to her clinical responsibilities, Dr. Van der Feen is an Instructor in Psychiatry at Harvard Medical school and supervises teaching to residents and fellows in the Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital psychiatry/pediatric training programs, and Harvard medical students.
- Curriculum vitæ: (PDF format)