MARTIN P. KAFKA, MD
- Harvard title(s): Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Clinical Associate in Psychiatry
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 781.643.0610 x12
- Fax: 781.643.1609
- Office Address: 22 Mill St., Suite 306, Arlington, MA 02476
- 1968 Columbia College, New York, NY
- 1973 MD (cum laude) Downstate Medical College, Brooklyn, NY
- 1973-1977 Psychiatric residency, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI
- Board Certifications(s):
- 1980 American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 1983 Massachusetts Medical License #56419
- Clinical Interests:
I maintain a fulltime private practice at McLean Hospital from which I both practice clinical psychiatry and psychopharmacology. Many of my patients are recidivistic sex offenders or persons with treatment resistant mood disorders or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. I am now regionally and nationally known as a pioneer in the diagnosis and pharmacological treatment of hypersexual disorders. I will be reporting the first case series of hypersexual males treated with a combination of an SSRI antidepressant and a psychostimulant.
Beginning in September 2000, I was hired by the Department of Mental Health to provide specialized consultation services to mentally ill sex offenders in Massachusetts State Hospitals on a regular basis.
In 2001 I was elected as the President of the Massachusetts chapter of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA), the national organization that coordinates clinical and research efforts to treat sex offenders. I was elected president for a second term in 2003.
- Curriculum vitæ: (PDF format)