MONA PATEL POTTER, MD
- Harvard title(s): Clinical Instructor in Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Staff Psychiatrist
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-3011
- Fax: 617-855-3754
- Office Address: 115 Mill Street, East House, 2nd Floor, Belmont, MA 02478
- 1995-1999 Bachelor of Music, magna cum laude, Vanderbilt University
- 2004 MD Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- 2003 - 2007 Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital Adult Psychiatry Training Program
- 2007-2009 Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- Bio: Dr. Potter is a child and adolescent psychiatrist experienced in a wide range of therapeutic techniques, including psychopharmacology, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and family-interventions. Prior to her position as Medical Director of The Landing at McLean Hospital, she provided diagnostic evaluation, psychopharmacologic management, and individual therapy for patients with co-occurring addictions and psychiatric illness through the West End Clinic at Massachusetts General Hospital and at the Dual Diagnosis Adolescent Residential Treatment Unit at McLean Hospital. In addition to her experience working with people who have substance use disorders, Dr. Potter is skilled in working with patients who have mood and anxiety disorders, ADHD, eating disorders, and trauma history. Additionally, she consulted to schools on issues related to adolescent mental health, and helped develop a curriculum for teaching emotion self-regulation skills in schools.
Dr. Potter received her medical degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, where she was elected into Alpha Omega Alpha national honor medical society. She completed her residency in adult psychiatry and fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at the Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital Residency Training Program. She is appointed as Clinical Instructor in Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and provides supervision and teaching to current residents and fellows in the MGH/McLean psychiatry training programs.
- Curriculum vitæ: (PDF format)