PETER SIEKMEIER, MS, MD
- Harvard title(s): Instructor in Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Director, Laboratory for Computational Neuroscience
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-3588
- Office Address: 115 Mill Street, NB #310A, Belmont, MA 02478
- 1993 MS Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 1997 MD Yale University School of Medicine
- 1997-2001 Residency in Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2001-2002 Dupont-Warren Research Fellow in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- 2002-2004 NIMH Postdoctoral Clinical Research Training Fellow, Harvard Medical School
- Board Certifications(s):
- 2004 American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Bio: As Director of the Laboratory for Computational Neuroscience, Dr. Siekmeier's research centers on the computational modeling of hippocampus, an area of brain thought to be responsible for encoding memories, and one that has been implicated in the etiology of schizophrenia. The goals of this research are twofold: (1) To better understand how cellular and molecular level abnormalities in hippocampus give rise to behavioral symptomatology, and (2) To use this information to help arrive at more effective pharmacologic treatments.
In addition, Dr. Siekmeier provides attending coverage on the Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorders inpatient unit at McLean Hospital. He has an outpatient practice specializing in psychopharmacologic treatment. Dr. Siekmeier is the Web Editor of The Archives of General Psychiatry.
- Curriculum vitæ: (PDF format)