RACHEL DONAHUE, BSC
- Harvard title(s): Graduate Student, Harvard Medical School Program in Neuroscience
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (617) 855-2019
- Fax: (617) 855-2023
- Office Address: Behavioral Genetics Laboratory, MRC 215, Bay D
- Degree(s): Rachel received her Neuroscience degree in May of 2008 from Bowdoin College. Her undergraduate Honors thesis used in vivo electrophysiology to study the interaction between the hippocampus and orbitofrontal cortex during the storage and retrieval of long-term memory.
- Bio: Rachel is interested in the neurobiology of reward processing and how brain reward systems are affected by stress and addiction. As a Research Associate in the Janak Lab at the Gallo Institute, Rachel investigated the role of GABA receptors in the rewarding effects of ethanol. In the Behavioral Genetics Laboratory, she is interested in how social defeat dysregulates reward processing areas of the brain, such as the amygdala and nucleus accumbens, using a combination of pharmacological manipulations and slice physiology.