SHELLY GREENFIELD, MD, MPH
- Harvard title(s): Professor in Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Chief Academic Officer
Director, Clinical and Health Services Research and Education, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, Division on Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (617) 855-2241
- Fax: (617) 855-2699
- Office Address: Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program (ADATP)
- Bio: A member of the President's Cabinet, Dr. Greenfield has several leadership roles at McLean. Dr. Greenfield serves as the hospital's Chief Academic Officer as well as the Director of Clinical and Health Services Research and Education in the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, Division on Alcohol and Drug Abuse. Dr. Greenfield is the former Associate Clinical Director of the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program and director of the outpatient substance abuse treatment program and consultation services. From 2005-2010, she was also Director of the Harvard Medical School/Partners Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship and directed the substance abuse clinical rotations of the Adult Psychiatry Residency Program of Massachusetts General and McLean Hospitals.
A Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, Dr. Greenfield serves as Principal Investigator and Co-Investigator on federally funded research focusing on treatment for substance use disorders, gender differences in substance disorders, and health services for substance disorders. She is a past recipient of a National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)-funded career award and a current recipient of a NIDA-funded career award in patient oriented research. She is also the Principal Investigator of a NIDA-funded grant to design and pilot a new manual-based group therapy for women with substance use disorders. She was co-Principal Investigator of the Northern New England node of the NIDA Clinical Trials Network (CTN) and currently serves as co-investigator of the NIDA CTN New England Consortium Node
Dr. Greenfield served as the Founding Scientific Director of National Alcohol Screening Day. She is a current member and a past Chair of the American Psychiatric Association's Council on Addiction Psychiatry, and is a member of the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry. She is Chair of the NIDA Clinical Trial Network's Gender Special Interest Group, and is Editor-in-Chief of the Harvard Review of Psychiatry. She has been elected to the American College of Psychiatrists and is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
- Links: (October 01, 2008) McLean Names Shelly Greenfield, MD, MPH Chief Academic Officer