SANGHYEOK KO, PH.D.
- McLean title(s): Postdoctoral Fellow
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-2025
- Fax: 617-855-3479
- Office Address: Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Mail Stop 149
- Degree(s): B.Sc. 1993, Ph.D. 2006
- Clinical Interests: Induced pluripotent stem cell generation
- Bio: Sanghyeok Ko received his B.Sc. in Microbiology from Seoul National University, and his Ph.D in Biological Sciences from Seoul National University Graduate School of Natural Sciences. He joined the Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory in 2008 as Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Publications: (Selected)
- Ko, S.-H., Choi, H.-S., Park, E.-S., Kang, H.-J., Ahn, H.S, Shin, H.Y. Co-culture of human CD34+ cells with mesenchymal stem cells increases the survival of CD34+ cells against the 5-aza-deoxycytidine- or trichostatin A-induced cell death. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005 Apr 15;329(3):1039-45.
- Kang, H.-J., Ko, S.-H., Jang, M.-K., Lee, S.-H., Shin, H.-Y., Ahn, H.S. Early engraftment kinetics of two units cord blood transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2006 Aug;38(3):197-201.
- Seo, Y.-J*., Ko, S.-H*., Kang, H.-J., Shin, H.-Y., Jeong, G., Ahn, H.S. Hypoxia inhibits the SDF-1-dependent migration of human leukemic cell line HL-60 via blocking of Akt activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007 Dec 14;364(2):388-94.
- Kim, D., Kim, C.-H., Moon, J., Chung, Y.-G., Chang, M.-Y., Han, B.-S., Ko, S., Yang, E., Cha, K.Y. , Lanza, R., Kim, K.S. (2009). Generation of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells by Direct Delivery of Reprogramming Proteins. Cell Stem Cell 4(6):472-6. (selected as one of 2009 Research Highlights by Nature 2009, 462:960).
- Chang, M.-Y., Kim, D., Kim, C.-H., Kang, H.-C., Yang, E., Moon, J-I., Ko, S., Park, J., Park, K.-S., Lee, K.A., Hwang, D.-Y., Chung, Y., Lanza, R., Kim, K.S. (2010) Direct Reprogramming of Rat Neural Precursor Cells and Fibroblasts into Pluripotent Stem Cells. PlosONE, 5(3): e9838.