STEVEN B. LOWEN, PHD
- Harvard title(s): Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (617) 855-2254
- Fax: (617) 855-2770
- Office Address: Brain Imaging Center and the Behavioral Psychopharmacology Research Laboratory
- Degree(s): Dr. Lowen received his bachelor of science in electrical engineering from Yale University and his master's degree and doctorate in electrical engineering from Columbia University.
- Bio: He has been a member of the Departments of Electrical Engineering at Columbia University and at Boston University, and in 1999 joined McLean Hospital and the Department of Psychiatry at the Harvard Medical School. Dr. Lowen has been a pioneer in fractal analysis of biomedical signals, and developed a variety of models and techniques for the description of these data sets. Dr. Lowen's current research interests include fractal wavelet-based analyses of functional magnetic resonance image (MRI) data to assess brain function, motion compensation techniques for the MRI environment, the effects of olfactory drug-related cues, and using these methods to evaluate and create drug treatment programs. His web site is at http://cordelia.mclean.org/~lowen/.