SUSAN MANDELBAUM-COHEN, LICSW
- McLean title(s): Director of Clinical Services, Adolescent Diagnostic and Family Treatment Unit
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 617-855-3343
- Office Address: McLean Hospital, Academic Center Building, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478
- MSW Hunter College School of Social Work, City University of New York
- Clinical Interests: Psychosocial Assessment, Psychotherapy, Family Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Case Management
- Bio: Ms. Mandelbaum-Cohen manages the delivery and oversight of clinical services for the Adolescent Diagnostic and Family Treatment Unit based at McLean Hospital. This includes responsibility for managing an integrated treatment model that includes individual, group and family therapy and parent guidance. She also leads a parent support group that focuses on the impact troubled adolescents have on their parents, siblings and other family members.
She has worked with children, adolescents and families for many years in a variety of hospital and community-based settings. This includes 25 years of experience working with adolescents with mood disorders, behavioral problems, family issues and a history of self-injury.
Ms. Mandelbaum-Cohen received her bachelorâ€™s degree from Queens College of the City University of New York and her masterâ€™s degree in social work from Hunter College School of Social Work in New York City. She also received advanced clinical training at the William Alanson White Institute and Nathan Ackerman Family Therapy Institute in New York. Additionally, she has undergone training in dialectical behavior therapy. Prior to her current position, she was the coordinator of the Adolescent Residential Treatment Program at McLean Hospital for eleven years.
- Curriculum vitæ: (PDF format)