SUSAN PARKS-COHEN, PHD
- McLean title(s): Assistant Director of the Child and Adolescent Testing Service
- Office Address: Department of Neuropsychology, McLean Hospital
- Undergraduate degree Psychology at Westminster College
- M. S. in Child Development University of Pittsburgh
- Ph.D. Psychology University of Pittsburgh
- Bio: Dr. Parks is originally from Pittsburgh, PA and earned her undergraduate degree in psychology at Westminster College in 1992. She went on to the University of Pittsburgh and earned a Masters in Science in Child Development and a Doctorate of Philosophy in Psychology. While attending the University of Pittsburgh as a graduate student, she worked full time studying female adolescent drug abusers at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic. She completed her predoctoral clinical internship and neuropsychology postdoctoral fellowship at McLean Hospital. She is currently the Assistant Director of the Child and Adolescent Testing Service. Dr. Parks' clinical and research interests include Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioral Therapies, Life Coaching, prevention of head injuries for athletes, cognitive functioning and stress, as well as behavioral change and physical health. Dr. Parks is on the advisory board of Life after War: Reintegrating Veterans, a non-profit organization. During her free time, Dr. Parks enjoys spending time with her husband, family, friends and family pets and enjoys skiing and interior design.