STEPHANIE PINDER-AMAKER, PHD
- Harvard title(s): Instructor in Psychology, Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry
- McLean title(s): Director, College Mental Health Program
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 617-855-2921
- Fax: 617-855-2550
- Office Address: 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478
- 1982 BS Duke University
- 1988 PhD Vanderbilt University, Clinical Psychology
- 1986-1987 Predoctoral Intern, Yale University School of Medicine
- 1988-1989 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Psychiatry, Behavioral
Medicine, Duke University Medical Center
- Board Certifications(s):
- Licensed Psychologist HSP in Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Licensed Practicing Psychologist in North Carolina
- Clinical Interests: Loss and Trauma, Anxiety and Depression, PTSD, College
Student Mental Health
- Bio: Stephanie Pinder-Amaker, PhD, is a clinical psychologist who has worked
with college students in various clinical, academic and administrative settings for
over 20 years. She completed her doctoral training/internship at Vanderbilt and
Yale in 1987/1988 and her postdoctoral training at Duke Medical Center, Dept. of
Psychiatry in 1989. She served as Associate Dean of Students at the University
of Michigan (UM) for six years (until 2007) where she was responsible for
university-wide critical incident management, Counseling and Psychological
Services, the Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center and Services for
Students with Disabilities. As Chair of UM's Mental Health Work Group from '02-
'07, she addressed the needs of the university's mental health care system on
behalf of students through changes in policy, practice and programming.
Stephanie currently serves as Director of McLean Hospital's College Mental
Health Program (CMHP) where she is developing efforts designed to improve the
hospital's work with college students, their families and educational institutions
through treatment, education, consultation and research.
- Pinder-Amaker, S.L. (2005). Strengthening Mental Health Support Systems for
Students. Division of Student Affairs Magazine. 8-9.
- Pinder, S.L. & Blumenthal, J.A. (1990). Making exercise part of your life, pp.92-95. In
J.A. Graham & L. Wallace (Eds.), The Complete Mind and Body Book.
- Emery, C.F., Pinder, S.L., & Blumenthal, J.A. (1989). Psychological effects of
exercise among elderly cardiac patients. Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation,
- Pinder, S.L. & Blumenthal, J.A. (1989). Secondary prevention of coronary heart
disease. Atlas of Science.
- Plante, T.A., Pinder, S.L. & Howe, D. (1989). Introducing the living with illness group:
A specialized treatment for patients with chronic schizophrenic conditions. Group,
- Pinder, S.L., Roback, H.B. & Eisenberg, M.G. (1987). Evaluation of group
interventions with the spinal cord injured patient: Methodological considerations.
American Archives of Rehabilitation, 35, 33-42.