PSYCHOLOGY PRACTICUM TRAINING
Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program
The Behavioral Health Partial (BHP) Hospital Program accepts two or three trainees per year. Trainees must be enrolled in a psychology doctoral program and preferably be in their second or third year. Trainees must commit to three days and 20 hours per week.
Practicum Training Includes:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) training for individual clinical consultation and short-term therapy.
- CBT training in group therapy.
- Adaptation of empirically supported treatments to real-world practice.
- Psychosocial milieu treatment.
- Clinical supervision and didactic training in individual and group therapy.
- Multidisciplinary team approach within a program that is also the training site for the APA-approved pre-doctoral internship program.
- The Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program also trains psychology post-doctoral fellows, psychiatry residents, social work interns and nursing students.
Applicants interested in a practicum in the BHP Hospital Program for the 2014-2015 academic year should send curriculum vitae, letter of interest and two letters of recommendations to the address or email below no later than Jan. 15, 2014.
Thröstur Björgvinsson, Ph.D., ABPP
Director, Behavioral Health Partial Program
McLean Hospital - 115 Mill Street - Belmont, MA 02478
For additional information, please feel free to contact either Stephanie Gironde, Ph.D. postdoctoral fellow, at the Behavioral Health Partial Program at 617 855 4415 or email@example.com or Thröstur Björgvinsson, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org.