|McLean at Naukeag
Substance Use Treatment
|Listen to Sarah Allen Benton, MS, LMHC, from The McLean Residence at the Brook (more)....
|Program Overview (pdf)|
Rehab for drug and alcohol addiction
A self pay transitional living program with an expert approach to treatment for drug and alcohol addiction and for co-occurring psychiatric disorders
The McLean Residence at the Brook provides assistance to people suffering from drug and alcohol addiction, particularly those who would benefit from a longer term drug and alcohol rehab program because they have had persistent relapses, need psychiatric or psychosocial assessment, or have drug and alcohol problems complicated by mental health difficulties.
We provide individualized care using scientifically tested treatment methods for addiction that are based on the latest research. Our rehabilitation program draws on clinical expertise and treatment specialists, as needed, from programs across McLean Hospital’s large campus, giving each patient access to world-renowned specialists in every area of mental health.
Program Director: Sue Rees, RN, MA
Convenient Access to Many Resources
Located in a brick colonial home in a thriving community setting close to multiple opportunities for rehabilitation and personal growth, “The Brook” is less than a mile from the McLean campus and all of its psychiatric resources.
The residence is conveniently located close to public transportation, with easy access to the cultural and educational resources in nearby Cambridge and Boston.
Recovery in a Home-Like Residence
A caring staff and close attention to privacy and discretion helps individuals overcome drug and alcohol addiction in a safe environment. The newly renovated residence with eight single rooms offers a relaxing, home-like atmosphere where individuals can focus on recovery in comfort. The accommodations include catered meals, wireless Internet access and complimentary private health club membership.
The McLean Path to Recovery
Treatment programming at "The Brook" supports individuals as they fully reclaim their independence from addictive substances, learn to manage the stress of an active life without returning to drug and alcohol dependence, and attain personal, career and recovery goals. The program offers many benefits:
- Treatment in a stable community setting for three months or longer.
- Care and evidence-based drug and alcohol treatment by highly skilled addiction specialists and mental health clinicians.
- Individualized treatment plans.
- Potential to support tapering of addictive medications or maintenance programs for control of addiction symptoms.
- Opportunity for discreet drug and alcohol rehabilitation and recovery in a community setting.
- Extended treatment (90 days minimum) for sustained recovery.
- Preparation for managing stress in a complex world.
- Skills training for a productive life outside of a drug and alcohol treatment environment.
The McLean Residence at the Brook is a transitional care program. Prior treatment is required for admission. Those needing an initial 30-day residential drug and alcohol treatment program may benefit from McLean Center at Fernside.
Comprehensive Assessment and Care
Through treatment from expert clinicians, individuals learn to build drug- and alcohol-free and psychologically stable lives. Residents are provided with:
- Individualized treatment planning.
- Case management support.
- Individual therapy.
- Group therapy, counseling and psycho-educational support.
- Psychiatric/psychopharmacological assessment and medication management.
- Support of activity-based rehabilitation through exercise, yoga, cooking and other activities.
- On-site 24-hour staff support.
- Assistance through a wide variety of various peer support groups, including 12-step groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Support and education of family members and significant others through periodic family meetings.
- Ongoing consultation with any referring clinicians and individualized comprehensive after-care planning.
- Coordination of a full-range of ancillary treatments, therapies, tests and exams, as needed. These may include intensive trauma work, emotion regulation work, neurological and psychological evaluation, specialty imaging, or sleep studies.
Teaching Hospital Expertise
- Harvard Medical School-affiliated medical director specializing in the treatment of addictive disorders.
- Effective recovery approach founded on evidence-based, empirically tested treatment modalities for addiction.
- Access to expert treatment for a range of co-occurring psychiatric disorders, including emotional dysregulation, self-harm, depression, anxiety and trauma-induced illness.
- Integrated treatment approach—developed by Roger Weiss, MD, Chief of the Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse at McLean Hospital and Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School—for patients with both addictive disorders and psychiatric illness.
The McLean Residence at the Brook is licensed by the Massachusetts Departments of Mental Health and Public Health. The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Effective Oct 1, 2011, the fee for the McLean Residence at the Brook is $620 per day. Insurance is not accepted.
Please call 888.515.9699 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About McLean Hospital
U.S. News & World Report ranked McLean Hospital first among all freestanding psychiatric hospitals. McLean Hospital is the largest psychiatric facility of Harvard Medical School, an affiliate of the Massachusetts General Hospital and a member of Partners HealthCare.