CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PROGRAM (CAP)
An Intensive Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Program for Teens and Young Adults, through age 20, with Impulsive and Self-endangering BehaviorsBlaise Aguirre, MD, Medical Director
Janna Hobbs, LICSW, Program Director
Michael Hollander, PhD, Day Hospital Director and Director of Training
Cynthia Kaplan, PhD, Associate Clinical and Administrative Director, Child and Adolescent Programs (CAP)
Please call 877.967.7233 or e-mail email@example.com.
3East at McLean Hospital is a premier, highly specialized, self-funded treatment program for female teenagers and young women up to age 20 who are exhibiting self-endangering behaviors and emerging borderline personality traits. These behaviors and traits may present as:
- eating disorders
- substance use disorder
- post-traumatic stress
- self harm (such as cutting)
The program specializes in intensive dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), a therapy originally developed for adults with borderline personality disorder that has been applied with success to adolescents and young adults with similar psychological profiles.
3East now offers four levels of individualized care; enabling teenagers and young adults to fully benefit from ongoing, consistent treatment and support at varying levels of care:
- 3East Residential Intensive. A program for teens and young women, ages 13 through 20.
- 3East Residential Step-down. A program for "graduates" of the "3East Residential Intensive" treatment, ages 13 through 20.
- 3East Day Program. A mixed-gender, non-residential day program, for individuals, ages 13 through 20, who live in the surrounding area or have completed the 3East Residential Intensive program and reside on the 3East Step-down unit.
- 3East Transitional Care. A program for women 18 through 25 who have already received intensive dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) treatment and would benefit from extended care before returning to live independently in the community.
To learn more about other opportunities that exist for young people needing support outside of the hospital setting, i.e., work or school, please contact the program at the phone number and email listed above.
The 3East residential programs are female-only. The day program is mixed-gender.
As a self-pay program, 3East does not accept insurance or directly assist with insurance reimbursement efforts. However, some treatment expenses may be recovered through insurance. Documentation for clinical care will be provided routinely to the party responsible for payment.