THE CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PROGRAM (CAP)
KHA Article (pdf)
Download Brochure (pdf)
Kennedy Hope Academy
McLean-Franciscan Child and Adolescent Mental Health Programs
Rui Carreiro, MEd, Program Director
Nicole Abenaim, EdM, BCBA, Director of Clinical Services
John Julian, MD, Medical Director
Kennedy Hope Academy (KHA) is a residential and day school utilizing applied behavior analysis (ABA) and positive behavioral supports (PBS) to provide state-of-the-art treatment to students, ages 5-21, who have severe challenging behaviors, autism spectrum disorders, developmental disabilities, neurological disorders and/or concurrent psychiatric illnesses. KHA offers a year-round specialized education program as well as psychopharmacology, speech and occupational therapy and community-based recreation opportunities.
A Kennedy Hope Academy student at play
The program brings together the long-standing commitment of Franciscan's pediatric rehabilitation specialists and educators, as well as the resources and psychiatric expertise of McLean Hospital. The school is located within Franciscan Hospital (www.franciscanhospital.org) and features onsite outdoor playgrounds, a student computer lab, sensory rooms and access to specialized medical and dental services.
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and positive behavioral supports â€“ techniques that emphasize the least restrictive and most effective treatment approach
- Interdisciplinary approach including special education, speech, language and occupational therapy, psychopharmacology and medical services
- Specializes in serving students with severe challenging behaviors including physical aggression and self-injurious behavior
- Eleven-bed residential school
- Eight student day program
- Family education and support
- Highly trained staff
- Community-based recreational opportunities
- On-site specialized medical and dental services
The private school program is approved by the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education www.doe.mass.edu/.
Residential services are licensed through the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
Franciscan Hospital for Children is licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
For more information on the Kennedy Hope Academy, or to tour our facility, please contact Director of Educational Admissions at email@example.com.
- Behavior Analyst Certification Board
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
- Asperger's Association of New England